Job Summary: The Estimating Manager’s mission should be to increase estimating productivity and management capabilities. Sioux Falls Tower is looking for an experienced, reliable, and disciplined candidate to join our team.
Reports to: Regional VP
Reported to by: None
General Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance)
- Perform project estimating for all assigned projects by Regional VP.
- Obtain competitive subcontractor pricing by project ensuring competitiveness and increasing management efficiency.
- Create material list and obtain competitive vendor pricing by project ensuring competitiveness and increasing management efficiency.
- Assisting and/or leading in proposal preparation, presentation and securing new work.
- Coordinating multiple estimates simultaneously as well as review responsibility for multiple estimates or large estimates.
- Record estimating results and provide data to the management team for educational and industry trends.
- Follow up with customers of unawarded projects and gather information to be used for future estimating consideration.
- Assemble training and best practice curriculums for the field staff when requested by management team.
- Perform regional business development as directed by the Regional VP and/or management team.
- Maintain regular (daily when needed) contact with customer(s) to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to learn and effectively use many different customer portal platforms.
- Establishing and coordinating bidding schedule.
- Developing and maintaining estimating systems and procedures.
- Arranging and managing bid turnover to operations.
- Maintain documentation of all of the above as needed.
- Engineering or Construction related degree preferred, but will consider a Technical college certification or trade background with subsequent experience
- Advanced knowledge of estimating strategies and techniques
- Thorough understanding of construction, contracts, and terminology
Required Meetings or Coordination
- Daily calls with Regional Project Managers
- Daily contact with customers
- Weekly safety meeting with all field employees
- Weekly Project Managers meeting with other PM’s, CM’s Regional Operations Manager and COO
- Monthly office staff meeting
- Weekly report to Regional VP on status regarding the above listed responsibilities
Sioux Falls Tower specializes in commercial tower construction, maintenance, and service work for the wireless, broadcast, utility and wind energy industries. With offices in Sioux Falls SD, Rapid City SD, Orem UT, and Denver CO, or geographic footprint spans from the Great Plains to the West Coast.